Welcome to the Mountain!
Silver Pines Lodge was built in 1923 and was originally used to build rustic furniture for mountain settlers. In the ’30s, it operated as the Rustic Tavern Restaurante and the Rustic Theater movie house in 1944. It has been an Inn since 1952 and has hosted hundreds of mountain guests. The Lodge sits on 1-1/2 acres of wooded pine forest overlooking Strawberry Creek. The Lodge is approximately 2 blocks from the main village of Idyllwild where eateries and shops abound. Each unit is individually decorated and has its own unique identity.
Most rooms have fireplaces and about half have kitchens. Silver Pines also has individual cabins, a duplex and triplex and 5 units connected to the main lodge building. Every room has its own refrigerator, bathroom, color cable TV and complimentary coffee.
In December 2014, Silver Pines opened 6 additional rooms 100 yards away toward the village. They are all pet friendly, 3 have King Beds, several have multiple beds, and they all have mini-fridges, coffee-makers, & microwaves. They also have big flat-screen TV’s with Cable. These rooms are 3 doors down from the new Ferro’s Restaurant on the corner of North Circle & Cedar.
The town of Idyllwild sits at an elevation of 5,500 feet on the backside of the mountain range above Palm Springs. Surrounded by state and national wilderness areas, Idyllwild is a hidden jewel within 2 hours of Los Angeles or San Diego. Its main attractions are hiking, rock climbing, mountain bike riding, shopping, eating and relaxing. Fishing is available at two lakes within 20 minutes of Idyllwild and Strawberry Creek is stocked during spring season.
The town hosts a number of annual events such as the Harvest Festival, Tree Lighting Ceremony, the Jazz Festival and a host of other small town events. Summers are mild and perfect for hiking and star gazing. Fall brings a taste of Indian summer and winter is sure to delight with an average 36 inches of snow a year. Whatever season, Idyllwild will remind you of how life was in “The Good Ol’ Days.”
Amenities — A room a the Silver Pines Lodge is not “just a room.”
- View of Strawberry Creek from almost every room.
- Walking distance to shops and restaurants.
- Lovely Koi Pond & Creekside Deck.
- Beautiful, Cozy, Historic Lodge Room.
- Fireplaces in most & full kitchens in half of the units.
- Small refrigerators, coffee makers, complimentary coffee, & hot tea, & microwaves in every room.
- Cable TV with Free On Demand channels.
- Free Internet access from all rooms, & wireless access from many areas on the grounds.
- Personal hiking and sightseeing advice. Free adventure pass use.
- Firewood sold on premise at reasonable price w/free starters
- Check into the warmth of a pre-heated room upon arrival. We’ll also leave the light on for you if you arrive late.
- Friendly, on duty staff available to answer questions, give advice, help with specific needs.
- Ice available 24 hours.
We welcome your pets here at Silver Pines, but we do ask that you abide by a few simple rules. If you don’t think you can abide by the following rules, it probably would be best if you left your pet at home.
- Please, Please, Please, do not leave your dog in the room alone!
- We ask that you not allow your pet to sleep on the beds or furniture. I take great pride in decorating all my rooms and cabins, and many of the bedspreads are handmade.
- For the comfort of other guests, please keep your dog leashed when outside your cabin on Silver Pines property.
- If your dog poops in an obvious area, please pick it up.
- If it’s rainy, snowy, or your dogs been in the creek, please ask us for some “dog-towels”
We do have a $20 charge for your pet’s stay.
What You Get
- All 13 rooms & cabins at Silver Pines from Friday at 2:00 – Sunday 11:00.
- Use of Lodge Room and Grounds for wedding, reception, rehearsal dinner,& Sunday morning gift opening or breakfast for up to 60 people.
- All tables & chairs.
- Help with knowing who to call for flowers, photos, cake, etc.
Cost: Please contact us for pricing.
Groups and Retreats
With 13 individual units and an 1,100 sq. ft. historic Lodge Room, Silver Pines is an ideal location for your business retreat or group meetings. We have the capability of sleeping 30+ people and feeding up to 75. Out Lodge Room is great for conferences and retreats. We also have several larger cabins for greater versatility to fit your group requirements.
We can organize a business retreat or group meeting to specifically fit your needs. We also offer midweek discounts to help your group achieve their goal with limited economic resources. Contact us early and we will design the perfect mountain getaway for your organization.
Cost: Please contact us for pricing.